Monday, November 16, 2009

Back From Ohio

On November 5th, I headed off to Ohio for our annual bowhunting trip. The hunting was tough due to unseasonable warm weather that rolled in. Deer sign and rut activity was low, but there were a few days of some good hunting.

After missing a very nice buck on Wednesday the 11th. I killed this decent 8 pointer on Thursday the 12th. He wasn't the giant i originally set out for, but I hunt for myself and saw him as a good buck. Sometimes folks get too caught up in numbers or size to justify success.  At times I let the pressure of trying to shoot a buck that would make the books get to me and sorta ruin my hunting.
So just say the hell with it hunt for you and I bet you"ll get more outa your hunting. I hope that makes sense?  Go enjoy your hunting

Dave




No comments:

Post a Comment