Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tinks Scent Bombs...giving them a go today


The Tink’s #69 Doe-in-Rut Hot Bomb is a heated lure dispenser containing a pre-loaded scent pad which is warmed by an air-activated heat pouch. The scent pad is permeated with Tink’s #69 Doe-in-Rut Formula which simulates a doe in her estrous period. Tink’s Hot Bomb lasts up to 4 hours. This package contains 2 individually wrapped Hot Bombs, one for the morning hunt and one for the afternoon hunt.





I decided to give these Tink's scent bombs a whirl today. The rut is really gearing up here in NJ, so I figured why not.  I like the simplicity of them; they come in a nice little package and there's no mess. One down side that I can see happening, is someone will forget to gather up their used scent bomb and leave it in the woods. Setting them up is super easy and fast; you can either hang them off a branch (via the built in hook) or lay them on the ground.
Now I can't say if they work or not just yet. This mornings hunt didn't really go according to plan. The wind was supposed to have been out of the North West, but in the early part of the morning it was out of the east. And of coarse a buck has to come through on the up wind side of the scent bomb.
I'll be heading out this evening for another sit and to test out another set up with the Tink's Scent bomb.


More to come tonight...


Dave


Well its 7:23pm EST I'm back from this evening hunt. Still nothing solid as far as if these things work or not. But I did witness a deer...a button buck pretty much totally ignore the scent bomb, with it only about a foot from his face. I also noticed that the bomb itself really doesn't have much scent to it, even after its activated.
Maybe I had a faulty pack, I don't know? But my first impression of the Tink's scent bomb is not too favorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment