Sunday, November 22, 2009

Mountain Mike's Replica Skulls

I just worked with one of these kits to mount my Ohio bucks antlers. Man are these kits sweet...I"ll get a full review up shortly. I gota goto bed; I've been fighting off a cold for about a week.

Ok I have some time to write about Mountain Mikes "Skull Master"  kit now. Back in January of 09 I had seen Mikes stuff at the ATA show and was interested in his product.
So after shooting a decent buck in ohio this year. I decided to buy one of Mountain Mikes kits and give it a go. I had my doubts on how realistic it would look, but I figured what the hell.
I ordered the "Skull Master" kit this time around because my deer wasn't P&Y caliber(which would require the "Record Keeper" kit) and wasn't worry about changes in dimensions (even though the change is only slight).
The entire process only took about a half and hour and was very simple even with basic tools. First impressions of the the kit skull were less then impressive. I thought it wasn't gonna look realistic in the least. I was quit surprised once I was finished at how well it really looked.
I imagine if you really sat down and thought about thing you could really get this kits to look awesome. All in all i am more then satisfied with Mikes product. The ease and affordability it takes to produce a nice mount using these kits really pleased me. I highly recommend these to anyone looking to spice up a set of antlers they have lying around or a buck that they you want to mount ...but just don't have the cash for a shoulder mount.

No comments:

Post a Comment